Tax Season Notes

As 2022 begins we would like to remind students that tax time is right around the corner. Please be sure to contact us on requesting your tax form. A student may be able to claim a portion of their flight training expenses providing it is their intention to become a commercial pilot. Please note the following:

  • Must be 16 years old to claim before the end of the tax year.
  • The CRA may deny your claim for your PPL if you have not completed your PPL license. You must also be registered and actively pursuing your commercial license.
  • All training to be claimed must be supervised flights. (Instructor sign out)
  • As of 2019, your social insurance number is now required for us to generate and submit the T2202 tuition form.
  • Flying cost can be claimed up to the minimum licensing & rating requirements. (i.e., 45 hours for PPL & 65 hours for CPL)
  • T2202 forms for 2021 training will be available by Feb. 28, 2022.
  • Students are reminded that all deductions claimed are the responsibility of the person claiming the deduction on their tax return.

If you would like a form for your training or if you have any questions, please contact Gerald at 780-800-9639 ext. 5 or [email protected]