(UPDATED September 20, 2021)
With the current state of emergency in the province of Alberta, EFC has amended our precautions as follows:
- Masks must be worn in the building and aircraft.
- Proof of Vaccines are now required for all staff, members, and Discovery Flight passengers. First dose is acceptable until October 18 th if it was received 14 days before your flight, briefing or ground school class.
LEARN TO FLY
Have you always had the dream to fly? Thought that it would be great to be a pilot but weren’t sure how? Or maybe you’ve decided you want a career as a pilot! Let us show you the way!
Want to know what flying an airplane feels like? Or looking for a fun gift idea? A discovery flight is a 30 min flight with an instructor who will show you the basics and give you the chance to fly a plane!
EFC students, members, and alumni, are you looking for more information on other programs offered by EFC and want to know your options?
12 days of giving
This year we will be collecting food again for our local Parkland Foodbank but we wanted to make it fun! So we are introducing the 12 days of giving to try and raise as much food as possible for those in need!
Please note that items can be given all at once, one day at a time, and any day – not required day of the item, just give what you can!
Here is the fun part, each item gets you entered into a draw for great prizes including $125 worth of flying! So 1 jar of Peanut butter gets you entered once, 12 cans of soup gets you entered 12 times. Complete all 12 days and receive a special EFC prize and 20 extra entries!!
- Dec 1 – 1 jar of peanut butter
- Dec 2 – 2 bags of rice
- Dec 3 – 3 containers of cooking oil (olive or canola)
- Dec 4 – 4 boxes of crackers
- Dec 5 – 5 packs of pasta
- Dec 6 – 6 jars of applesauce
- Dec 7 – 7 cans of vegetables (peas/corn/mushrooms/tomatoes etc)
- Dec 8 – 8 cans of tuna/ fish/ canned meat
- Dec 9 – 9 Granola bars (at least – a box is accepted)
- Dec 10 – 10 cans of fruit
- Dec 11 – 11 cans of beans
- Dec 12 – 12 cans of soup
Donations accepted until December 22end 2021.If you have any questions or would like clarification please email Sophia at email@example.com
Thank you in advance for your participation!
Our new key chains are in!!
The visual system gives the ability to simulate many different flights, both Visual Flight Rules (VFR) and Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) and a few selected aircraft such as the C172, C182, C206, and of course the PA44 Seminole.
- Have fun with your friends!
- Refresh those rusty IFR skills
Find out more about how our students succeed at the Edmonton Flying Club & beyond! Each student’s flight-training journey is unique.
Take a peek inside our world!
As 2021 begins we would like to remind students that tax time is right around the corner. With that in mind please be sure to
To Osh or not to Osh! Well that’s what many Canadian General Aviation pilots were contemplating this year as to whether to attend the mother
In past columns, we have talked about the statistic of typical aviation accidents being the result of a chain of eight to eleven (depending on
I wanted to start my article off with a big thank you to EFC, Gerald & Sophia for sending a plane & pilot to the Westlock