We are sorry but due to the large wait list we currently have for students wishing to start flight training we will no longer be accepting applications from International Students. We will re-evaluate January 1, 2021 the number of applications we have and update this page.
faxed to: 1-780-800-9639
A $500.00 non-refundable payment is required in Canadian funds to process your application. This amount will be applied to your tuition at the club for membership and flying fees once accepted. Funds may be sent by credit card, Paypal or wire transfer. Please email email@example.com
or 780-800-9639 ext 5 for more information on paying the fee.
Once the application has been received and approved and fees have been paid a letter of acceptance will be issued to assist you in obtaining your Student Visa Permit.
2. Canadian Aviation Medical
A Canadian Aviation Medical from a Doctor certified by Transport Canada will be required for all Canadian licenses and ratings. A list of Doctors can be found on this site, CLICK HERE
3. Aviation-Language Proficency Test
All students will be required to pass an Aviation-Language Proficiency Test. TEST TAKER GUIDE
4. Mandatory Medical Insurance
All International Students must purchase their own private health care insurance before they arrive in Canada. For courses longer than one year, the student may be eligible to purchase Alberta health Care Insurance. For more information CLICK HERE
Private Insurance Companies
5. Transportation & Housing
All housing and transportation cost (including transportation to and from the airport and ground school location) are the sole responsibility of the student. These are a few sites that may assist you in finding accommodations during your training. Our Management and Staff will be available to all Students to assist as much as possible with student inquiries related to accomodation and transportation.
Total course costs are contingent on the actual time it takes for each student. For a list of minimum cost CLICK HERE
Payment for all training may be done on a pay-as-you-go basis. Many Students place a credit card on file or place a deposit on their account with The Edmonton Flying Club. Any request for a refund of monies remaining on a students account must be made in writing and will be refunded by cheque within 30 days of receipt of the request.
7. Other Information
All licenses and ratings offered by the Edmonton Flying Club will be available to all International and Canadian Students.
8. Student Complaint and Dispute Resolution Process
- The student will notify the Edmonton Flying Club Manager or designate in writing of the complaint.
- The written submission will be dated and reviewed, no later than 3 days after it was submitted.
- If the Manager has not acknowledged the written submission within 3 days, the student will be awarded his dispute.
- The Manager will meet with the student and another non biased individual and resolve any issue.
- Written notification along with notes from the meeting will be given to the student.
The Manager will keep a copy of the meeting notes on the student’s file for 1 year.
All training may be done on a pay-as-you-go basis. Many Students place a credit card or place a deposit on their account with The Edmonton Flying Club. Any request for a refund of monies remaining on a students account must be made in writing and will be refunded by the form of payment 30 days from receipt of the request.
10. Moving to a new City can be a little overwhelming for many.
The City of Edmonton has lots of services to assist you if needed and to help you adjust to your new home away from home. Our Staff are are always available to assist you as well.
11. General information for Studying in Canada