Based on current waitlists, we are anticipating a delay of at least one year for new enrollments.
The Edmonton Flying Club offers all of it’s programs to both local and International students. For International students there is a different application process.
If you wish to train with us, first please conduct some research and spend some time looking through our website and social media accounts. Then begin an email exchange with us to find out if we are the right school for you. Note that we only accept a limited number of students per year. We will discuss your starting day during the email exchange.
In order to begin to process your Letter of Acceptance, we require the following information:
1. International Student Application form & Application Fee
The Formal Aviation Language Proficiency Demonstration is an English-language or French-language proficiency demonstration designed for candidates to a Canadian pilot licence or Air Traffic Controller licence.
This can be completed through EFC by setting up a video interview with local examiners. Operational or Expert Level must be obtained before moving forward in the application process with EFC
Academic Standards & Expectations
Mandatory Medical Insurance
Payment for all training may be done on a pay-as-you-go basis. Many Students place a credit card on file or place a deposit on their account with The Edmonton Flying Club. Any request for a refund of monies remaining on a students account must be made in writing and will be refunded by cheque within 30 days of receipt of the request.
Student Complaint and Dispute Resolution Process
- The student will notify the Edmonton Flying Club Manager or designate in writing of the complaint.
- The written submission will be dated and reviewed, no later than 3 days after it was submitted.
- If the Manager has not acknowledged the written submission within 3 days, the student will be awarded his dispute.
- The Manager will meet with the student and another non biased individual and resolve any issue.
- Written notification along with notes from the meeting will be given to the student.
- The Manager will keep a copy of the meeting notes on the student’s file for 1 year.
- Upon arrival into Edmonton, we will schedule a personal tour with all international students. During this time we will get you acquainted with some of our staff, facility, and answer any questions.
- On the tour you will also be able to collect your Ground School kit
- Receive complimentary EFC swag.
Life in and Around Edmonton Flying Club
- The Twin Otter! An airplane themed restaurant. Do we need to say more?! https://thetwinotterpub.com/
- Alberta Aviation Museum, A local gem filled with history and vintage airplanes. https://albertaaviationmuseum.com
- The Telus World of Science, a non-profit establishment with a mission to Ignite curiosity and Inspire discovery https://telusworldofscienceedmonton.ca
- Edmonton Flying Club is home to many diverse people, staff and members included. We welcome all cultures and walks of life and have mutual respect for all!
- At EFC we host monthly Club nights, where all members are invited. This event, hosted at our hangar, is a great way to get involved with the community, network, and socialize.
- EFC employs a buddy system with all International students to help get you acquainted with the school, and community. Each student will be paired with a local student member. They will be a friend, connection and resource to help you as you adjust to life here in Edmonton.
- All international student members, on top of your regular lessons with your assigned instructor, have the option to book extra ground lessons should there be a need for some more time spent on a specific subject.