Many of us are finding ourselves with more time on our hands then we are use to. Yes, It may feel strange but why not embrace it! We are living through a major historical event and we will all look back on it, speak about it and I’m not sure about you, but I want to be proud of what I’ve accomplished during this time! Here are a few options for you to try to help us stay productive and mentally positive!
- Minimize watching the news– An hour a day is MORE than enough
- Get outside– go for a walk or a bike ride or a snow shoe in the winter
- Go outside and take some gloves and a garbage bag and help clean up your community!
- Make an appointment to donate blood
- Call a friend/ family member—make this a daily event!
- Sign up to volunteer with “Meals on Wheels”
- Make a Donation to the food bank
- Go through your closets and get some bags of donation ready with clothes you’re not using etc
- Sit outside in the sun and read a book, magazine, online article etc (spring – Fall)
- Try a new recipe!
- Do a puzzle (liquidation world has lots!)
- Smile and maybe even say hello to strangers!
- Organize your closet/ Pantry/ house etc!
- Garden and Yardwork! (Spring- Fall)