The Class 4 Instructor rating allows you to teach private and commercial licenses to students under supervision with the ability to upgrade to class 3, 2, and 1 ratings.
This is the rating that can be that first pilot job in your aviation career! This rating is a lot of work and is for those who enjoy teaching and have a passion for aviation that will allow them to effectively pass on the theory and knowledge behind flying.
- Commercial Pilot Licence
- 18th Birthday
- Canadian Class 1 medical, obtained from a Aviation medical examiner
- There are no special educational requirements other than a working knowledge of English
The instructor rating consists of a Minimum of 30 hours dual instruction, 25 hours ground briefing time, a written exam and a flight test. There is a lot of homework in this rating due to lesson planning as well as it is recommended for between 2-5 hours solo time, although solo time is not required by Transport Canada.
- 30 hours of dual instruction
- 25 hours of ground briefing time
- A pre flight test
- A Transport Canada Written and Flight test is required
Training is at the student's pace and convenience. Due to the amount of homework the average rating takes 3-4 months. If done part time the rating can take up to a year.
- 30 Hours Dual Flight $7350.00
- 25 Hours Ground Briefing $1750.00
- Transport Canada Written Fee $150.00
- Flight Test Fee $400.00
- Transport Canada Licensing Fee $30.00
- Total Minimum Cost: $9680.00